konnichiwa~
Hello there & welcome to my blog. Here you'll read tidbits about my daily life, some random thoughts, & maybe a rant here and there. I'm sure you'll learn something about me, if you don't know me of course. Down below are links to find me (personal accounts not posted). I hope you enjoyed your stay while listening to the songs I'm recently listening to. Come back & read again~ ^w^/
find me:
|
Never lose sight of your goal
written on Friday, August 8, 2014 @ 8:44 PM ✈
I've been constantly on Paigeeworld & Deviantart. /kills myself
Been borrowing lots of how-to-draw books & trying to just improve on my skills.
I draw like a kid. And even that's not downgrading anymore!
Seriously though, some 14 year olds on PW draw waaaay better than me, & it really brings me down.
At the same time, I tell myself: I have to be as good as them. If they're younger than me and can do that, I can too!
Yeah, I really wished that helped =_=
So far, I've not given up. In fact, I was able to create a style of my own for chibis. I call it the Doodle Chibi. Obviously it's just a cute simple drawing.
I have 2 other chibi style ideas, but they're definitely harder to come up with... [see my doodle chibi here]
I've also managed to finish one complete digital drawing of my persona that I designed by myself. I have to say that before PW, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish it. It was the first of a drawing that I was really proud of. [see my finished digital here; also visit my dA@pinksheepyunnie ^^]
There are some really encouraging and supportive people out there. I may be down in the dumps a lot, but it's hard to give up when strangers continuously shower you with encouragement, and that's what I love about these art communities. They're not without their ups & downs though.
I remember when I was a kid, it was sooo easy to create something from my imagination. No one stopped me then. As I grew up, I continued to focus on schoolwork and my future, which means less art since my dad, especially, wanted me to be a pharmacist. I was young then, and thought that's what I needed to do. I went through elementary and middle school thinking of only becoming a pharmacist. Here and there in elementary I would wish to become an illustrator. It's not that my family didn't praise my art; they did quite a lot, but they never encouraged it as my future career. Since then, my creativity--I have to say--was locked away for years. Until recently, after journalism in high school, I wanted to do art again, design specifically. Now my goal is locked back on art. When I draw, my mind is just blank. No more creative juices are flowing because they've been stemmed for so long. As I pick up my pencil to draw again, I'm squeezing those juices out again. It's starting to become easier for ideas but still straining. Learn from my mistake: never let anyone stop your creativity.
I do think I've done better now after being on PW and just seeing so many good artists.They're my inspiration. And I hope that as I come into contact with more great and friendly artists, I won't give up and continue to practice to improve.
Well that was an awfully long rant about art. Really brings back memories. And that is basically my life! Haha just kidding. I hope whoever reads this--even myself--will be encouraged again.
Never lose sight of your goal.
Labels: art, inspiration, motivation
|
Never lose sight of your goal
written on Friday, August 8, 2014 @ 8:44 PM ✈
I've been constantly on Paigeeworld & Deviantart. /kills myself
Been borrowing lots of how-to-draw books & trying to just improve on my skills.
I draw like a kid. And even that's not downgrading anymore!
Seriously though, some 14 year olds on PW draw waaaay better than me, & it really brings me down.
At the same time, I tell myself: I have to be as good as them. If they're younger than me and can do that, I can too!
Yeah, I really wished that helped =_=
So far, I've not given up. In fact, I was able to create a style of my own for chibis. I call it the Doodle Chibi. Obviously it's just a cute simple drawing.
I have 2 other chibi style ideas, but they're definitely harder to come up with... [see my doodle chibi here]
I've also managed to finish one complete digital drawing of my persona that I designed by myself. I have to say that before PW, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish it. It was the first of a drawing that I was really proud of. [see my finished digital here; also visit my dA@pinksheepyunnie ^^]
There are some really encouraging and supportive people out there. I may be down in the dumps a lot, but it's hard to give up when strangers continuously shower you with encouragement, and that's what I love about these art communities. They're not without their ups & downs though.
I remember when I was a kid, it was sooo easy to create something from my imagination. No one stopped me then. As I grew up, I continued to focus on schoolwork and my future, which means less art since my dad, especially, wanted me to be a pharmacist. I was young then, and thought that's what I needed to do. I went through elementary and middle school thinking of only becoming a pharmacist. Here and there in elementary I would wish to become an illustrator. It's not that my family didn't praise my art; they did quite a lot, but they never encouraged it as my future career. Since then, my creativity--I have to say--was locked away for years. Until recently, after journalism in high school, I wanted to do art again, design specifically. Now my goal is locked back on art. When I draw, my mind is just blank. No more creative juices are flowing because they've been stemmed for so long. As I pick up my pencil to draw again, I'm squeezing those juices out again. It's starting to become easier for ideas but still straining. Learn from my mistake: never let anyone stop your creativity.
I do think I've done better now after being on PW and just seeing so many good artists.They're my inspiration. And I hope that as I come into contact with more great and friendly artists, I won't give up and continue to practice to improve.
Well that was an awfully long rant about art. Really brings back memories. And that is basically my life! Haha just kidding. I hope whoever reads this--even myself--will be encouraged again.
Never lose sight of your goal.
Labels: art, inspiration, motivation
|
we live under the same sky
“To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.”
- James Allen Quotes
Sometimes I wonder how people see me and what they think of me. It scares me a bit, honestly. I am sure though, that what they think of me,
what they think my life is, is a complete misperception. I have always tried to show myself as a carefree person, as someone who wont get bothered
because of public judgements. I am sure my friend and family think there is nothing going wrong in my life, that I do not worry enough, that
I am always happy. And I am sure they probably somewhat hate me for it because, lets admit it, there is nothing worse than seeing someone
whose life seems so perfect while yours is a complete mess. Truth is, I have become an expert at pretending. I think we are all experts
or at least we are getting there.
I kept the image on the left bc it was kawaii-ne~ & this above bc I really liked what the creator wrote ^^
|
|