<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6139960307908309945?origin\x3dhttp://life-of-sheep.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
konnichiwa~

Hello there & welcome to my blog. Here you'll read tidbits about my daily life, some random thoughts, & maybe a rant here and there. I'm sure you'll learn something about me, if you don't know me of course. Down below are links to find me (personal accounts not posted). I hope you enjoyed your stay while listening to the songs I'm recently listening to. Come back & read again~ ^w^/

find me:
Everyday is a learning experience
written on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 @ 7:59 PM ✈

Today I had my individual critique with Dan, my PHOT 110 (B/W film photo class) instructor, and I was super nervous about it. It was pretty good though! He really liked my concept and said that, the most difficult part of this project was the concept part; to really be able to convey the place in its mood, smells, etc. Though he did say we gotta work on my technique because the photos were too soft, like an out-of-focus soft. I also asked him questions regarding backlighting & also using my camera, and that was pretty positive :)
++ I'll post some photos/scans of my prints when I get them back :D ++

On a side note, our next project is portraits so I've asked Bea if she wants to model for me. Knowing her, she is so down! haha I'm taking this project just a little more seriously & putting more thought into it. Acting like photographer & model, we are currently discussing photo session times, what to wear, where to film, etc. This is fun! ^^

Next class was my animation class. I had my 1-on-1 with Michelle second (1st because the person ahead of me didn't have theirs). It was a very long 1-on-1 lol but I felt like I learned a lot! "I'm not worried about you" she says about my animation and that really boosted my confidence like, hey, maybe I can actually do this. (The same applies to my PHOT critique too). Overall today was a really positive day and I was in a good mood throughout the day. 

--

I'm trying to create a new routine/habit sort of.
A lot of times, I come home after class to waste time on random videos, social media, etc. So today when I got home, I made rice, vacuumed, and my new routine: giving myself some breather before diving into homework.
I've been at school all day y'know? So I made a short to-do list of things I want to get done. This list consists of things to get my mind off work--my mind tends to think about so many things at once that I can't really focus, so by writing them down, I won't worry about forgetting to do something. I also only made a short list, maybe for things to do within an hour. If I write a long list of to-dos, I'd feel like I'm not getting anything done and also, it's so much that I can't focus either.
The first thing on my breather list is to read. I'm currently reading this small book, called "Make a Zine," I picked up at the library. I've been meaning to start reading again because I miss reading books. I used to read so much back in elementary and middle school, then high school & college got too busy. Even if I did start reading, it'd take me ages to finish or I just won't be able to finish at all. Next was to blog -- currently doing! while listening to "Amamoto (instrumental)" + Rainy Mood.

I've been suuuuper behind on Inktober. I'm like on Day 5 and today's already 17. I'm less discouraged than I was before, so maybe I'll get close to finishing? A lot of artists on Twitter were saying how they might need to stop Inktober because of other things going on in life, and that just reminds me that, one doesn't need to be too hard on themselves for not finishing a challenge. It's not a competition and one should do it on their own time, etc.
Speaking of Twitter artists, there's been so many tweets surfacing about self-care and burnouts because of a recent article about creatives working 100 hours to finish a game or something, with no overtime pay. And one of my classmates posted about how she lost 13 POUNDS because she wasn't taking care of herself because she was just so busy. I can't put it in words like she can, so here is a screenshot of her post: (open the image in a new tab for a better view)


Missing an assignment is not the end of the world. We all stress out, but let's all look at the long term, okay?
Side note: I've been really into fromis_9's "LOVE BOMB" and Weki Meki's "Crush" so I wonder if I'll have time to cover them? hmmm

0 comment[s] | back to top






© 2012 - Layout created by Afeeqah.
Do you know ? Honesty is the best policy in life