konnichiwa~
Hello there & welcome to my blog. Here you'll read tidbits about my daily life, some random thoughts, & maybe a rant here and there. I'm sure you'll learn something about me, if you don't know me of course. Down below are links to find me (personal accounts not posted). I hope you enjoyed your stay while listening to the songs I'm recently listening to. Come back & read again~ ^w^/
find me:
|
Steve Ahn visits!
written on Friday, September 30, 2016 @ 10:09 PM ✈
The one who worked on "Legend of Korra".... and directed... his very... first film... "Voltron"... introducing... Steve Ahn!
He was so funny! Though I'd like to type in detail his jokes, I'm really tired right now. Class in the morning for 6 hours, then another 3 hours at his presentation. Of course, I enjoyed it. I might include some later haha [[check notes]]
I was thinking about writing a super long post on everything he said, but... I'm tired and lazy haha
A few things I just want to say is about his closing.
"Have your own intentions in your artistic journey."
"Don't pick a dream because you fear your true dream won't make it." (may not be exact words, but same meaning)
His experiences were just too relatable. He was told he would never be accepted into an art college because he had too little time to prepare a portfolio (he was a junior in high school when he decided) and he just started going to a private art class. A year later, he was accepted into Cal Arts; it was also the only school he had applied to after high school due to somewhat "destined" reasons. A portfolio of over 300 works. Not the best, but showed lots of passion, hard work, and dedication. I think that's what really inspired me.
Just like me, he didn't think he would choose the art path due to parents' expectations. Just like me, we decided to go into art in our 3rd year in high school. Just like me, he was inspired by anime (though technically he was just watching a basketball anime when he suddenly had the thought "I want to make something like that," and I had the same thought when I was watching the behind-the-scenes for Howl's Moving Castle.)
When my experiences relate so closely to other artists, I feel like I can make it... just like them... So just like them, I have to work and not be lazy. Even when I'm surrounded by talented people (a 1st year is drawing Disney-styled (to me) characters!), I feel a lot of pressure, but that same pressure is what's pushing me, too.
Dreams... so much talk about dreams lately lol Even Yoosung brought up dreams.
"What I fear the most is that nothing will change even as time passes me by."
"... no matter how fun the activity may be, it's difficult to be 'passionate' about something on [your] own."
"Is it sad to not be able to do what you want? or... Is it sad not to know what you want?"
This topic is difficult... but the start of one's dreams is something one must figure out on their own...
Welp, I guess I'm going to shower. Maybe render a bit... Goodnight.
|
Steve Ahn visits!
written on Friday, September 30, 2016 @ 10:09 PM ✈
The one who worked on "Legend of Korra".... and directed... his very... first film... "Voltron"... introducing... Steve Ahn!
He was so funny! Though I'd like to type in detail his jokes, I'm really tired right now. Class in the morning for 6 hours, then another 3 hours at his presentation. Of course, I enjoyed it. I might include some later haha [[check notes]]
I was thinking about writing a super long post on everything he said, but... I'm tired and lazy haha
A few things I just want to say is about his closing.
"Have your own intentions in your artistic journey."
"Don't pick a dream because you fear your true dream won't make it." (may not be exact words, but same meaning)
His experiences were just too relatable. He was told he would never be accepted into an art college because he had too little time to prepare a portfolio (he was a junior in high school when he decided) and he just started going to a private art class. A year later, he was accepted into Cal Arts; it was also the only school he had applied to after high school due to somewhat "destined" reasons. A portfolio of over 300 works. Not the best, but showed lots of passion, hard work, and dedication. I think that's what really inspired me.
Just like me, he didn't think he would choose the art path due to parents' expectations. Just like me, we decided to go into art in our 3rd year in high school. Just like me, he was inspired by anime (though technically he was just watching a basketball anime when he suddenly had the thought "I want to make something like that," and I had the same thought when I was watching the behind-the-scenes for Howl's Moving Castle.)
When my experiences relate so closely to other artists, I feel like I can make it... just like them... So just like them, I have to work and not be lazy. Even when I'm surrounded by talented people (a 1st year is drawing Disney-styled (to me) characters!), I feel a lot of pressure, but that same pressure is what's pushing me, too.
Dreams... so much talk about dreams lately lol Even Yoosung brought up dreams.
"What I fear the most is that nothing will change even as time passes me by."
"... no matter how fun the activity may be, it's difficult to be 'passionate' about something on [your] own."
"Is it sad to not be able to do what you want? or... Is it sad not to know what you want?"
This topic is difficult... but the start of one's dreams is something one must figure out on their own...
Welp, I guess I'm going to shower. Maybe render a bit... Goodnight.
|
we live under the same sky
“To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.”
- James Allen Quotes
Sometimes I wonder how people see me and what they think of me. It scares me a bit, honestly. I am sure though, that what they think of me,
what they think my life is, is a complete misperception. I have always tried to show myself as a carefree person, as someone who wont get bothered
because of public judgements. I am sure my friend and family think there is nothing going wrong in my life, that I do not worry enough, that
I am always happy. And I am sure they probably somewhat hate me for it because, lets admit it, there is nothing worse than seeing someone
whose life seems so perfect while yours is a complete mess. Truth is, I have become an expert at pretending. I think we are all experts
or at least we are getting there.
I kept the image on the left bc it was kawaii-ne~ & this above bc I really liked what the creator wrote ^^
|
|