konnichiwa~
Hello there & welcome to my blog. Here you'll read tidbits about my daily life, some random thoughts, & maybe a rant here and there. I'm sure you'll learn something about me, if you don't know me of course. Down below are links to find me (personal accounts not posted). I hope you enjoyed your stay while listening to the songs I'm recently listening to. Come back & read again~ ^w^/
find me:
|
New Job
written on Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 3:18 AM ✈
It's been pretty hectic last week. I started training for Cinnaholic & hadn't had time to update. I had to skip Jeff's class for both Tues and Thur because of training, and I couldn't skip Owen's. Jeff was super lenient and supportive too haha I saw him on Thursday before class, & he asked how work was LOL
Well anyway, other than work, there's nothing else. (Except that Owen pretty much said I'm not "Vis Dev" material LOL OTL) I was really anxious about work, but our trainer Daryl was right: we really did learn everything in no time. Everyone who started off at the front of the house (FOH) did not learn back of the house (BOH) aka baking. However, on the 2nd day of training, FOH team did a brief "tutorial" of the baking procedures, but mainly, each team will be doing what they were trained for until we have some down time to swap and learn the other part. It's been super fun, but it's a lot of work. I get along well with my co-workers and I just love them??? I love the corporate team trainers Rachel, Cindy, and Daryl, too. They love to joke around which made training very smooth. They did a lot of positive reinforcement to encourage us. They were firm but weren't yelling at us or anything. Also, I love how for the past 2 days, they watched over us while we were working and jumping in to help whenever needed. Our bosses Liz & Zeke also worked by our side, so they were more "co-workers" than our bosses. I love the idea that everyone's equal. I found out Liz & Zeke weren't really familiar with the frosting and toppings abbreviations LOL and one time Liz asked me what one was & I answered her, and she was like "see, you guys are training me now" AWWW
Our manager Elisa as well. She's super nice! Today I clocked in and Zeke told me to take over for Elisa who was at register, but she was reluctant to go. At first she said she wanted to keep practicing lol and I was fine with that, I would just go find something else to do. But then she said nevermind and let me take register lolol Opening day was super crazy. Well, we had a taste of the busy-ness with VIP night on Thursday, and I invited Steph, Kune, and Jessie for a free cinnamon roll. Junior also messaged me suddenly because he needed to kill some time, but I couldn't eat with him since I had work. But when the event started, it was slow, and I was like, they'll never know how many people I invited LOL so I invited Junior to get a roll. I was working frostings but I saw him walk by the store. On my break I saw my text and he said someone told him it was VIP only & didn't let him LOL it was Daryl omg xD I felt bad but he was still chillin' on campus. So when he got here, we chatted a bit while waiting for his roll. The whole time waiting with him was my break, so after his roll, I had to say bye and didn't even get to eat my roll LOL he still sat around for an hour or so.
But anyway, the busy-ness. The line was never-ending for our $1 roll event. I was super tired. It got hot towards the middle. I was starting to feel maybe light-headed (because of heat and exertion and no fuel(?), and where the hat was on my forehead, I was sweating. I was dying. On my lunch, I went straight to Boba Bar to grab a quick snack. But I could not finish the popcorn chicken. Because Cinnaholic is a vegan store, policy is that employees cannot bring non-vegan food in. So instead of wasting the chicken, I asked the staff there if they could hold on to my food. They were really nice and held it for me. I got it back after work. The 2nd shift's staff was super nice too! The guy was funny haha. I also got dinner for myself and delivered food and milk tea from Gongcha to Arlene in the ART building (I sat with her helping her on her animation). Also bought Steph's food at Boba Bar. The Boba Bar staff started up a light conversation about the long line at work and stuff when I was on my lunch. And when me and Steph were leaving, this lady striked up a conversation about work and she said "See you around" and I'm like AWW. I love being neighbor employees :D
Well that was opening day. Today was post-opening. It didn't seem busy in the morning, but towards the afternoon, there was a rush.
I love the fact that our trainers were really proud of us: "They're ready. The Black Brigade, all in their black uniform." Like AWWW. That makes me really proud of ourselves as well. Our trainers literally disappeared lolol So today was mostly us. They popped in here and there towards the rush. During the rush, we were backed up on rolls so we had a lot of boxes ("clam shells") lined up and stacked up. As soon as the fresh rolls were out. They were placed in the boxes, frosted, and topped and sent out. I don't know how we did it, but our countertops cleared out. Everything happened in a blur it was like was there even a rush? lolol Zeke kept saying "good comeback" and in my head, I was agreeing. After seeing today, I'm sure we can manage anything that comes our way because of our teamwork :D
One thing was, because I did an 8-hour shift, we have to have our 30-minute lunch break, but my 2 10-minute breaks were given at such an odd time, and it was super busy, I didn't take my lunch. So I got in a little trouble with that ^^;
Side note, there was a very enthusiastic customer named Austin who straight up came to the register and said "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE?" Me, so taken aback, lolol. He made me make the choice for him LOL I really was going to tell him my current favorite, but Daryl was like, just give him the Cookie Monster. In my head I was like, darn, lol. He was so eager he kept trying to give me his credit card LOL I also saw 2 of the upperclassmen. Gave them student discounts keke but I didn't want to be asking everyone whether they were SJSU students :p
I'm probably forgetting stuff, but this is the gist of this busy week.
--
Steph actually got off of work around when I did, so we met up to grab some food. We were eating at Jack in the Box until some weird homeless came into the store. So we took our food to Gongcha where I got milk tea. After a while, I saw Andy walking across the street, and I knew where he was headed lolol And Steph being so weird xD greeted him, and introduced herself lol After he got his drink, he came over to join us. We started talking about a bunch of stuff. At some point, Steph went to grab Connect 4 to play. HE KEEPS WINNING ALDSKFJ lol I beat him ONCE x'D Steph went out to see if this one dude was someone she knew and I was saying to Andy how overly social she was, and he was like "it's not a bad thing" and he went to comparing himself, mentioning his depression and introverted-ness and how he's sometimes really social too, and I'm like aww :(
[I never thought he'd have depression, but once again, no matter how someone presents themselves, there's always a possibility that it's actually the opposite under the surface :( ]
He was actually in the PTL because he wasn't feeling well and wanted to be around people(?) I guess. So he ended up spending almost a little more than half an hour with us. I think him playing Connect 4 with us was good for a stress-relief :3
I still can't believe he's 4 years older LOLOL like, you still a kid ahahhaa
He headed back to PTL after one last game, because he "really liked this game" LOL
When we were leaving, Gongcha was closing. Despite being clocked out, Steph helped her co-workers. I ended up helping them too LOL because MIGHT AS WELL. We didn't do much, other than wipe down the tables and stack the chairs.
I did late night laundry, and I'm sad my new oversized Coca-Cola sweater got dirty in the dryer :(
After my laundry, we went over to Kuni's and I got to play with Luna. She was so softtttt~ Kuni's roommate Chelsea's friend Kelan/Kellin/Kellen(?) was there and he was really nice. Kuni's other roommate Alyssa offered me cheesecake~ We were watching "Spiderman: Homecoming" but didn't finish the movie. Everyone was fading away, as in, they just disappeared from the living room LOL and Steph was tired from drinking (she didn't drink too much, and I can't tell if she's drunk, but she always seems drunk or about to be drunk when she's whiny and becomes seemingly lethargic lol)
Well that was my week/day. I'm so tired because I actually woke up 2 hours before my alarm as in, around 7 something AM. because for some odd reason, I was paranoid about being late to work.
Work hours are a little off because the app was glitchy for a day or 2. Also, I turned in my timecard for the other job (with Arlene) and somehow got 28 hours (because she told me to also include the other hours for before the paperwork lol).
Ahh, I'ma shower and sleep. Not even gonna wash my hair LOL goodnight
|
New Job
written on Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 3:18 AM ✈
It's been pretty hectic last week. I started training for Cinnaholic & hadn't had time to update. I had to skip Jeff's class for both Tues and Thur because of training, and I couldn't skip Owen's. Jeff was super lenient and supportive too haha I saw him on Thursday before class, & he asked how work was LOL
Well anyway, other than work, there's nothing else. (Except that Owen pretty much said I'm not "Vis Dev" material LOL OTL) I was really anxious about work, but our trainer Daryl was right: we really did learn everything in no time. Everyone who started off at the front of the house (FOH) did not learn back of the house (BOH) aka baking. However, on the 2nd day of training, FOH team did a brief "tutorial" of the baking procedures, but mainly, each team will be doing what they were trained for until we have some down time to swap and learn the other part. It's been super fun, but it's a lot of work. I get along well with my co-workers and I just love them??? I love the corporate team trainers Rachel, Cindy, and Daryl, too. They love to joke around which made training very smooth. They did a lot of positive reinforcement to encourage us. They were firm but weren't yelling at us or anything. Also, I love how for the past 2 days, they watched over us while we were working and jumping in to help whenever needed. Our bosses Liz & Zeke also worked by our side, so they were more "co-workers" than our bosses. I love the idea that everyone's equal. I found out Liz & Zeke weren't really familiar with the frosting and toppings abbreviations LOL and one time Liz asked me what one was & I answered her, and she was like "see, you guys are training me now" AWWW
Our manager Elisa as well. She's super nice! Today I clocked in and Zeke told me to take over for Elisa who was at register, but she was reluctant to go. At first she said she wanted to keep practicing lol and I was fine with that, I would just go find something else to do. But then she said nevermind and let me take register lolol Opening day was super crazy. Well, we had a taste of the busy-ness with VIP night on Thursday, and I invited Steph, Kune, and Jessie for a free cinnamon roll. Junior also messaged me suddenly because he needed to kill some time, but I couldn't eat with him since I had work. But when the event started, it was slow, and I was like, they'll never know how many people I invited LOL so I invited Junior to get a roll. I was working frostings but I saw him walk by the store. On my break I saw my text and he said someone told him it was VIP only & didn't let him LOL it was Daryl omg xD I felt bad but he was still chillin' on campus. So when he got here, we chatted a bit while waiting for his roll. The whole time waiting with him was my break, so after his roll, I had to say bye and didn't even get to eat my roll LOL he still sat around for an hour or so.
But anyway, the busy-ness. The line was never-ending for our $1 roll event. I was super tired. It got hot towards the middle. I was starting to feel maybe light-headed (because of heat and exertion and no fuel(?), and where the hat was on my forehead, I was sweating. I was dying. On my lunch, I went straight to Boba Bar to grab a quick snack. But I could not finish the popcorn chicken. Because Cinnaholic is a vegan store, policy is that employees cannot bring non-vegan food in. So instead of wasting the chicken, I asked the staff there if they could hold on to my food. They were really nice and held it for me. I got it back after work. The 2nd shift's staff was super nice too! The guy was funny haha. I also got dinner for myself and delivered food and milk tea from Gongcha to Arlene in the ART building (I sat with her helping her on her animation). Also bought Steph's food at Boba Bar. The Boba Bar staff started up a light conversation about the long line at work and stuff when I was on my lunch. And when me and Steph were leaving, this lady striked up a conversation about work and she said "See you around" and I'm like AWW. I love being neighbor employees :D
Well that was opening day. Today was post-opening. It didn't seem busy in the morning, but towards the afternoon, there was a rush.
I love the fact that our trainers were really proud of us: "They're ready. The Black Brigade, all in their black uniform." Like AWWW. That makes me really proud of ourselves as well. Our trainers literally disappeared lolol So today was mostly us. They popped in here and there towards the rush. During the rush, we were backed up on rolls so we had a lot of boxes ("clam shells") lined up and stacked up. As soon as the fresh rolls were out. They were placed in the boxes, frosted, and topped and sent out. I don't know how we did it, but our countertops cleared out. Everything happened in a blur it was like was there even a rush? lolol Zeke kept saying "good comeback" and in my head, I was agreeing. After seeing today, I'm sure we can manage anything that comes our way because of our teamwork :D
One thing was, because I did an 8-hour shift, we have to have our 30-minute lunch break, but my 2 10-minute breaks were given at such an odd time, and it was super busy, I didn't take my lunch. So I got in a little trouble with that ^^;
Side note, there was a very enthusiastic customer named Austin who straight up came to the register and said "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE?" Me, so taken aback, lolol. He made me make the choice for him LOL I really was going to tell him my current favorite, but Daryl was like, just give him the Cookie Monster. In my head I was like, darn, lol. He was so eager he kept trying to give me his credit card LOL I also saw 2 of the upperclassmen. Gave them student discounts keke but I didn't want to be asking everyone whether they were SJSU students :p
I'm probably forgetting stuff, but this is the gist of this busy week.
--
Steph actually got off of work around when I did, so we met up to grab some food. We were eating at Jack in the Box until some weird homeless came into the store. So we took our food to Gongcha where I got milk tea. After a while, I saw Andy walking across the street, and I knew where he was headed lolol And Steph being so weird xD greeted him, and introduced herself lol After he got his drink, he came over to join us. We started talking about a bunch of stuff. At some point, Steph went to grab Connect 4 to play. HE KEEPS WINNING ALDSKFJ lol I beat him ONCE x'D Steph went out to see if this one dude was someone she knew and I was saying to Andy how overly social she was, and he was like "it's not a bad thing" and he went to comparing himself, mentioning his depression and introverted-ness and how he's sometimes really social too, and I'm like aww :(
[I never thought he'd have depression, but once again, no matter how someone presents themselves, there's always a possibility that it's actually the opposite under the surface :( ]
He was actually in the PTL because he wasn't feeling well and wanted to be around people(?) I guess. So he ended up spending almost a little more than half an hour with us. I think him playing Connect 4 with us was good for a stress-relief :3
I still can't believe he's 4 years older LOLOL like, you still a kid ahahhaa
He headed back to PTL after one last game, because he "really liked this game" LOL
When we were leaving, Gongcha was closing. Despite being clocked out, Steph helped her co-workers. I ended up helping them too LOL because MIGHT AS WELL. We didn't do much, other than wipe down the tables and stack the chairs.
I did late night laundry, and I'm sad my new oversized Coca-Cola sweater got dirty in the dryer :(
After my laundry, we went over to Kuni's and I got to play with Luna. She was so softtttt~ Kuni's roommate Chelsea's friend Kelan/Kellin/Kellen(?) was there and he was really nice. Kuni's other roommate Alyssa offered me cheesecake~ We were watching "Spiderman: Homecoming" but didn't finish the movie. Everyone was fading away, as in, they just disappeared from the living room LOL and Steph was tired from drinking (she didn't drink too much, and I can't tell if she's drunk, but she always seems drunk or about to be drunk when she's whiny and becomes seemingly lethargic lol)
Well that was my week/day. I'm so tired because I actually woke up 2 hours before my alarm as in, around 7 something AM. because for some odd reason, I was paranoid about being late to work.
Work hours are a little off because the app was glitchy for a day or 2. Also, I turned in my timecard for the other job (with Arlene) and somehow got 28 hours (because she told me to also include the other hours for before the paperwork lol).
Ahh, I'ma shower and sleep. Not even gonna wash my hair LOL goodnight
|
we live under the same sky
“To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.”
- James Allen Quotes
Sometimes I wonder how people see me and what they think of me. It scares me a bit, honestly. I am sure though, that what they think of me,
what they think my life is, is a complete misperception. I have always tried to show myself as a carefree person, as someone who wont get bothered
because of public judgements. I am sure my friend and family think there is nothing going wrong in my life, that I do not worry enough, that
I am always happy. And I am sure they probably somewhat hate me for it because, lets admit it, there is nothing worse than seeing someone
whose life seems so perfect while yours is a complete mess. Truth is, I have become an expert at pretending. I think we are all experts
or at least we are getting there.
I kept the image on the left bc it was kawaii-ne~ & this above bc I really liked what the creator wrote ^^
|
|